Friday, March 26, 2010

Monster 4

I finally finished the book Monster, and I really liked the ending. I thought that it was going to be a book with a sad ending, because of the title of the book. I thought that Steve was going to be convicted and was going to be stuck in prison for the rest of his life. I would have been really angry becuase Steve was a good kid, and he was being taken advantage of by criminals.

The book ended with Steve being let free, which I thought was a really good ending. It showed that the jury wasn't being biased because Steve was a different race. I was really angry that the state was trying to use criminals to try and make Steve seem guilty. I really like how the book ended, becuase we get to see it through the perspective of Steve's movie again. I could really imagine watching the end of a movie. "cut to: the guards who were standing behind Steve move away from him. He has been found not guilty." (Myers 276) Even though you don't hear what Steve was thinking, we can see how he reacted, and I think that was a really good way to end the book.

That is why I really like the book Monster. I really like the ending, and I thought that the book had an overall good story. I never wanted to stop reading becuase I was bored. The story was pretty quick, and it was really easy to read. I think I might try to find other books by Walter Myers, and if anyone hasn't read monster yet, I would highly reccomend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment