Friday, April 9, 2010

Monster 5

Now that I have finished monster, I have had some time to think about it. I have thought more about the story and the characters. I still really like the book, and I would still reccomend it. I have had more time to think about they way the story was told, and I think that it was really cool.
Having the story told like a movie showed a lot of things that you wouldn't see in a normal book. Because its a script, you don't see what the main character is thinking at all times. You also don't have a narrator, so its totally different than any other book. I really enjoyed this part of the book, and it is one of the main reasons why I would reccomend this book. In my opinion, it made it a lot easier to read. I also liked how the story was about a teenager, because I thought it was easy to relate to the main character. In the story, Steve was under peer pressusre to help with a robbery, and he was intimidated by the older kids in his neighborhood. I know what its like to be in peer pressure, and I also know how it feels to be bossed around by older people. Those are the main reasons why I really liked this book.
There weren't many things I didn't like about this book. It wasn't like anything I had ever read, and I liked how everything was new to me. I would tell anyone who wanted to read a good book about Monster. Its easy to read, has a good story, and is unique. What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment