Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Night

"We continued to walk until we came to a crossroads. Standing in the middle of it was, though I didn't know it then, Dr. Mengele, the notorious Dr. Mengele. He looked like the typical SS officer: a cruel, though not unintelligent, face, complete with monocle." (31)
This quote is sad to me, becuase I think it would be really hard to be seperated from my family like he was. I have also heard about Dr. Mengele in history classes, and I think it is really sad to think that he got to choose who lived and who died. Because of him, thousands of people were burned just because he didn't think that they were strong enough. It's hard to believe someone had that kind of power. I also want to know what happened to his sister and his mother, because the book didn't say what happened to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment