Friday, April 23, 2010

Carter Finally Gets It 2

In Carter finally gets it, the main character Carter goes through a lot of the same problem other high school boys go through. I think that he is really easy to relate to. Throughout the book, Carter has a lot of different problems with school, sports, and girls. Sometimes its painful to keep reading, because everything is going wrong for Carter, but it's so funny that you have to keep reading. Those are two reasons why I liked reading this book so much.

I think that any high school boy could relate to Carter in some way. For example, Carter plays a lot of sports which is something I can relate to. Just like Carter, there are some days where I can not stand going to practice, but still go. Carter also experiances some of the harder things of playing sports, like getting cut from a team all of your friends made. This has also happened to me, but like Carter, I found something else to do, and had a lot of fun with it. Another thing I think boys could relate to Carter with is talking to the girl they like. Sometimes it can be hard to start a conversation with the girl you like. In the book, it is funny, because Carter starts to stutter whenever he talks to girls. That was a big reason why I liked this book, because Carter is so easy to relate to.

I really enjoyed reading Carter, and there wasn't very many moments in the book where I didn't like what was happening. Everything moved quickly, and everything was really funny. I think the author really understood the humor of high schoolers. I hope that I can find other books by this author becuase I enjoyed Carter finally gets it so much. I hope that I can convince others to read this book too.

No comments:

Post a Comment