Friday, May 14, 2010

Carter Finally Gets It 5

The more that I think about it, the more I realize how unique this book is. Carter finally gets it is unlike any other book I have ever read. Its easy to see that this book was written for teenagers, but as I said earlier, anyone could enjoy it. It is so unique because it stays funny throughout the entire book and it does not try to be like every other book.



A lot of books that I read have a main character who is the star of his sports team. He leads his team to the championship and becomes a hero. In Carter Finally Gets it, Carter is not a hero. In fact he ends up losing a state championship for his team. I think that it was a nice change of pace to read Carter Finally gets it, because it was very unpredictable. It also managed to stay funny throughout the entire book. I think this is the first book where I lauged consistently for the whole book. It was really unique and fun to read. Those were two more reasons why this book is so awesome.



Carter Finally gets it is unlike anybook you have ever read. Carter does not win state for his team, or save the day, he doesn't go on a huge adventure or discover something new, he just lives through highschool, and it is hilarious. I didn't know what to expect when I first started reading this book, but I am glad that I did. The whole book was fresh and it is going to be hard for other books to compete with this book in humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment